Everyday Make-up Look

I often like to rock the nude no makeup face, but almost daily, I like to wear neutral looking subtle makeup. I know people have mixed opinions about wearing makeup everyday. But for me, makeup makes me feel lively, vibrant and confident.

I wanted to share some of the amazing products that I use on a daily basis to achieve this look.


I would occasional wear eye shadow/eyeliner to dress it up even more, but on a daily basis, I like to keep it simple. I might post a dressier make up look in the later weeks.



1. Nars  Radiant Creamy Concealer
2. Mac Mineralize skin finish
3. Mascara
4. Revlon Colorstay  Eyebrow Liner
5. Revlon lipstick( Pink about it)

Prep:

Before I start with any makeup jazz, I first want to make sure that my face is completely clean. So, I usually do my makeup after I have had a shower in the morning or I wash my face thoroughly if I am doing this later in the day.
Then, I apply my everyday moisturizer( Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion). If I am going out during the day, which is usually the case, I will also apply sunscreen (Neutrogena Beach Defence)

Step 1: Concealer

I don't use a foundation everyday as I don't really feel the need, but if you require heavy coverage, you will need to add this step here.
I gently dab the concealer swap on the spots that need slight coverage and then blend it in the face with my fingers. You can target this on any area of the face you like such as dark circles, redness etc.

Nars radiant creamy concealer is my absolute favorite. It looks very natural and comes in a wide range of shades so you can definitely find the one for your skin. One of the reasons I don't need foundation is because this does a great job. I would highly recommend this one if you are in the market for a new concealer.

It costs approx 35 AU$ but it is worth every cent, I promise. I will also last you a very long time.

Find it here:
http://mecca.com.au/nars/radiant-creamy-concealer/V-015503.html#q=nars+concealer&start=1

Step 2: Powder

Using a setting powder helps your make-up stay put and gives your face a nice complete finish.
I use a kabuki brush, swipe it into the powder and gently pat this all over my face.

I use Mac Mineralize Skinfinish and it works great. It costs anywhere between 40-50 AU$. It can be a little pricey, but I use mine every single day and I think I bought mine 2 years ago! It lasts for ages. So, it is a good little investment.

However, if you are just starting out with these products and don't want to spend that much, you can buy a good drugstore brand setting powder. Just make sure you have the right shade.

Find it here:
 http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/product/shaded/12811/30735/Whats-New/Mineralize/Face/Mineralize-Skinfinish/index.tmpl

Sneaky hidden step: ( Blush/Bronzer)

You can use a subtle blush to pump out those cheeks but I usually skip this step because I get a natural red flush on my face. If I would put any blush, I would end up looking like an embarrassed tomato.

I like to use bronzer occasionally, but not for my everyday makeup.

Step 3: Eyebrows

If your eyebrows are normal, you can skip this step. Mine are quite annoying and need constant taming. I use Revlon Colorstay eyebrow liner, which has a brush to tame the the brows and then a pencil to make them even and put together.

You can find this in any drugstore for about 10 AU$.

Step 4: Mascara

To be honest, I am never fussed about the brand/type of mascara. My lashes are not overly sparse so I don't need the high quality stuff. Any brand would work for me. I just like to get the waterproof kind, in case I am having a particularly bad day or my contact lens decide to torture me.

I am using the Lancome Hypnose Drama, I got this for free with my Lancome Perfume otherwise I would be using an ordinary drugstore brand. You can find a good one for under 10 AU$.


Step 5: Lipstick

This is the easiest and the most fun step of the makeup application process. Who doesn't love a pop of color?

My favorite everyday lipstick is Pink about it- By Revlon. It is a coral pinkish peach color gives the face a very pretty and dressed up look.You can always opt for a simple lip gloss/lip balm for some shine instead. Personally, I love the fun shades.



And that is all ladies! I am assuming no boys are interested in this!?

Just remember, if you are just starting out with make up, do your research and start small. Don't buy everything at once and keep your experimentation subtle. Leave the more crazy experiments for when you are having a night in by yourself.

There are thousands of makeup tutorials on YouTube for you to learn from. So, go nuts!

I hope you found this useful in some way. As always, feel free to send in any questions/comments.

Luck and Love,
Niki


2 comments