5 Quick ways to Inspire yourself

1. Create an inspiring work space

The very first step to this would be to create an environment/surrounding which soothes you. This will automatically make you more productive.

For me, that would mean having the place clean and tidy, lighting a nice candle, fresh flowers and putting on some soft music of my choice. This automatically makes it so much easier for me for focus and get inspired.



2. Watch motivational talks and read inspiring books.

As much as I love sitting on the couch for hours and watching TV, sometimes, it is important to nourish your mind with inspiring content. Even on my worst laziest days, it only takes a 10 min inspirational Ted Talk to get me going.

I also love listening to self help audio books while I commute to work everyday. You finish these in no time because you can listen to them anywhere. Plus, a great way to get inspired early in the morning before you even get to work.


3. Prepare a healthy meal

Food plays such an important role in how you feel. Don't get me wrong, I love unhealthy food just as much as anybody else.

But if you are trying to get inspired, it is a good idea to eat something healthy and light so you don't get sluggish and sleepy later.

I made these delicious salad rolls when I was trying to get inspired to write this blog.



4.  Write down your thoughts and targets

Writing down your thoughts is a great way to get your thoughts collected and organised and just slow down your thinking process in general. I read somewhere that an average mind has about 35 to 48 thoughts per minute. But when you sit and write things down, it gives you so much more clarity.

When you have your targets clearly listed on a piece of paper, it makes it that much easier to achieve it rather then them getting lost in your head.


5. Don't Procrastinate. Just create.

This advice is as much for me, as it is for anybody else. Lately, I have been having troubles getting inspiration to work on the things I love and I have been conveniently putting things off.

For me, I was constantly putting off getting back into reading regularly and writing my next blog post. But I managed to do both those things.  I finally joined my local library and this post is up isn't it?

Just start somewhere. Once you do that, you will probably realize it wasn't that hard in the first place. Getting started is the biggest step so just do it today!


Hope these tips help you find success in your quest for inspiration.

Luck and Love,
Niki

No comments