My Dream Wedding

I know I have just completed disappeared from this space, but I promise you, I have a reason.

The last few months of my life have been so crazy, I can't even explain. Long story short, I GOT MARRIED.

Yes, it was wonderful, exquisite and well, everything I dreamed of.  I had to disappear from my blog because every spare minute I had got consumed by infinite overseas phone calls to my mother planning every last detail of my big day.

It got so hectic to a point that all I could see were excel spreadsheets and wedding outfits in my sleep. But I am so happy to say that it was all worth it, most of all because I married the person I love so dearly and I am so thrilled to begin my life with him. Aww, that was cheesy, I promise no more.

I wanted to share some major wedding highlights with my lovely readers, and I am making a promise to myself to start writing regularly again since I now have my weekends back.

It was a very typical big fat Indian wedding with 6 days of pomp and show in Shimla, which if you don't know is one of the most beautiful cities in India. It is usually very cold there, because it is amidst the  mountains but July is extremely pleasant. It was truly a dream destination.

Day 1- Ladies Sangeet and Chudi Bazaar (Ladies Musical Night  and Bangles show)

For this event, the women of the family get together and sing/play some traditional wedding songs and put up a bangles show. The ladies put on colorful bangles and of course it is all accompanied with dhol(Indian drums) and dancing.

Day 2- Cocktails

The most fun night in my opinion, as it is filled with endless amount of drinking and dancing. What is not to love? To add to this, everyone performed on some catchy Bollywood numbers- now that's what I call a good party!

Day 3 - Wedding 1

What is better than one wedding? That's right, two weddings! My husband's brother got married on this day so we had twice as many reasons to celebrate. God bless the beautiful couple.

P.S. I rocked a gorgeous blue saree and managed to not mess it up all night. I could only handle the hair-do for the first 2 hours, but I still think its a win.



Day 4- Mehendi and Garba night ( Henna and Folk music/dance night)

This was the day before my wedding day, which is when the bride usually puts on Mehendi/Henna. It is a big part of the India culture and I literally spent hours admiring the beautiful artwork. By the end of it, I could barely feel my arms because it took 6 hours! Too bad it washes out in a week or so.

In the evening, I had both of our families together dancing on some traditional garba songs. Garba is a type of folk dance from Gujarat which is where I come from. It is really big in my city. For a Gujju, the festival triumphs New years eve, Christmas, or basically any other holiday. Garba is our jam.

Day 5- MY WEDDING DAY

We had the haldi ceremony in the morning where the family applies haldi which is a yellow looking paste on me. Traditionally, it is known to make the bride glow for her wedding.

I was so cool and calm the entire day, I was so ready for this.Until the last minute, when my makeup artist draped the chunni(A long scarf which is part of the wedding outfit) over my head. All the feels just kicked in as soon as I saw myself in the mirror. All the jitters, the nervousness and excitment, all at once. Good thing I had all my lovely bridesmaids to help me calm my nerves.

But when I saw Kunal on the day, and the look on his face when he saw me walk down, it all just made perfect sense.



Day 6- Wedding Reception.


I will be honest, by this day we were extremely exhausted. But it was a very important event, as this was the day when I met most of Kunal's extended friends and family. I dressed up in my pretty pink saree and was ready for the final day.And the catching up on sleep that came after.



I cannot believe it all went so perfectly and I couldn't have imagined this going any better. All the rushing, screaming, crying when I couldn't find the right outfit(Yes, that happened multiple times- not proud of it), it all came together.  I have never been this happy in my life.

Here is a quick sneak peak of the honeymoon. The perfect mix of sunny and cool Bali weather and the gorgeous blue beaches was exactly what I needed after a month of crazy. Lots of selfie stick action happened #sorrynotsorry



It gives me so much joy to share the highlights of my big day with my beautiful readers.

See you soon in my next post!

Luck and Love,
Niki





No comments