My top 5 fitness apps

Pardon me for sounding like an old person, but technology is so advanced and fantastic that it blows my mind. There are so many apps for our convenience and  health and fitness would have to be one of my favorite genres.
If you are beginner who is just starting out with exercise, this post is for you. Especially if you don't want to get locked in a gym membership you think you might not end up using.  Now, I am not really a fitness expert or anything, I am not even an apprentice, but these are my favourite fitness apps that have really helped me be on track and I can use them at my convenience any time I want.



1. Yoga Studio : $4.99

This is best yoga app I have come across so far. The interface is so simple and neat. The voice is very calming. You can schedule and build classes and there are also pre-built classes for all levels. 


Pros:
  • Clean interface
  • Easy to use
  • For all levels 
  • Pre-created classes at all level
  • Ability to build your own class
Cons:
  • Not free

2. Argus : Free

This app basically counts your daily steps and keeps motivating you to walk more. It sounds simple but it really helps. This app is the reason I would want to walk to the bus stop further down the road. You can set goals for yourself. For example, my daily goal is 10,000 steps so I try my best to walk that much. 


Pros:
  • Simple approach
  • For all levels 
  • Motivates you to walk 
  • Free
  • Allows you to set simple goals
Cons:
  • Uses a lot more battery. 


3.  PumpUp: Free

This is highly recommend for beginners. It is highly customizable. You can select the type of workout you want, the duration, the equipment available, the targeted area etc. It builds a workout for you based on your preferences. Plus, the home page has an instagram type feel to it where it shows you popular updates. 


Pros:
  • Highly customizable 
  • Easy to use
  • For all levels 
  • Ability to create targeted workouts
  • Free
  • Can be used pretty much anywhere with or without equipment
Cons:
  • Can't think of any. 

4.  5K Runner : 3.79$

I have never really been someone who enjoys to run but I am starting to like it lately. 5k runner has really helped. I really want to be able to run 5 kilometers without feeling like I am going to pass out. This app trains you and helps you achieve this goal in 8 weeks. It is built for three 30 mins runs per week, which is not that difficult to accomplish. 


Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Perfect for beginners 
  • Free trial version available
  • Helps you go outdoors and get fresh air 
  • It only requires you to run 30 mins/3 days a week.
  • Gives you easy transitions between walking and running
Cons:
  • Not free
5. Headspace : Free

So, this not a conventional fitness app. But it is amazing for mental health and peace which is often not given as much importance.Life gets so overwhelming at times and a mental break becomes essential. This app gives you just that. A 10 min mental break. I really underestimated how this would work but trust me, this is fantastic. It takes you through 10 mins of guided meditation and it should ideally be done 10 days in a row. All you need is a peaceful spot and 10 minutes. I don't think I will be able to explain it too well here, but download the app and you will know.


Pros:
  • Everyone can use a mental break
  • You only need 10 minutes
  • Gives you a lot of clarity
  • Free
  • Calming and peaceful voice for guided meditation
Cons:
  • Nothing! It is fantastic!

These apps have really helped me stay motivated on those lazy days and would really help someone who is clueless about where to start. If you try them, I hope you find them as helpful as I do. 

Luck and Love,
Niki 

No comments