Winter Essentials

Even though Australian winter is not even close to what a lot of other places experience, I still need to hold on to my winter essentials to remain warm and toasty, especially because I am one of those people with ridiculously low tolerance of cold.

Tea

Tea is starting to become my new favourite beverage. Even though I still need my morning cup of jo, I am only sticking to one coffee a day. All subsequent drinks would have to be tea. I particularly like green, white and/or  flavoured. My winter favourite would have to be anything with cinnamon. Ah, the warmth.




Nivea in shower body lotion

I hate having to use body lotion in the morning especially after a hot shower. I need to get dressed asap otherwise the cold would really make me grumpy. Nivea in shower body lotion has been a life saver. You basically use it after your body wash and then rinse off before you step out. You can skip the body lotion after this because it provides instant hydration and it lasts all day. It is a total winner.



Boots

Boots would have to be the highlight of Winter. It is the silver lining outside the dark cold cloud. I really enjoy rocking some comfy boots during this season. Stylish +comfortable = Epic Win!



Scarves

This would be the best way to accessorize and instantly add a pop to any winter outfit. A lot of the winter clothes come in dark colours, but a bright coloured scarf can instantly brighten it up. They are usually fairly inexpensive, and can even make a plain black t-shirt look glamorous.



Lip balm/baby lips

Got to keep those lips soft and kissable. Any inexpensive lip balm would do the trick. Keep it handy in your bag for all time easy access. Try baby lips or pigmented lip balm for some colour. A little baby pink won't hurt anybody.

Hand cream

Hand cream is so much more important than you think. Especially during winter,every time you wash your hands, they keep losing more and more moisture because of the cold weather. Always keep a hand cream in your bag to keep those hands soft and supple and reapply every time you wash them. You will thank me. My current favourite is Kosmea Rose Hand Cream. It smells divine.



Concentrated Face oil

Your skin can get seriously dehydrated during winter. Even if you suffer from oily skin, moisturizing is very important during this time. Try using a concentrated face oil. Pat and massage a few drops into your skin every night and then apply moisturizer. Your skin will feel healthy and supple. My favourites are
Organic Rose-hip Oil (Can be found at any drugstore- on the cheaper side(12-15$))
Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil( Smells heavenly and works amazingly, but a bit on the expensive side(60$))



Coconut and Avocado oil

My two staple oils during the winter. Both of these are highly hydrating and moisturizing .You can use it on your skin to moisturize the dry patches and use it on your hair to get back shine and elasticity. Leave the oil in your hair overnight and wash  it off in the morning. It provides healthy conditioning.




Sunshine

I am lucky enough to live in the sunshine state where we plenty of sun even during the colder months. Sunshine just makes everything so vibrant and makes me really happy. Plus, you get your daily dose of Vitamin D. So, try and get some natural warmth and light if you get to see the sun in winter. It might just brighten your day. Don't forget to wear sunscreen.



Stay Warm!

Luck and Love,
Niki


No comments