Why are short breaks/getaways so important?

The stress of work and life can get to you in many ways and you don't even realise it. I have a few tips/thoughts that can help you get get away from your busy lives, even if it is only for a short time.



Take time to recharge yourself

Life can get very hectic and stressful at times and I don't need to elaborate on the fact that stress can kill you. Whenever you realise that stress is taking its toll on your mental and physical well-being, you should be alarmed and try to give yourself a break. Work is always going to be there when you come back, you might even be able to perform better when you are relaxed and well rested. Sometimes, you just need to invest in yourself. I don't mean anything fancy or expensive. I just mean you need some personal time and space to rejuvenate and re-energize for the rest of it.



Not doing anything is Okay!

I need to remind this to myself sometimes. When  I have had a very busy work week and I am just chilling on the couch on a Sunday afternoon, I feel guilty that I am being unproductive. I have to remind myself that its okay that I don't have any activities planned because I need this time, for me! Draw yourself a relaxing bath, and let the worries melt away.


Build better relationships

Travelling alone has its own perks but doing so with people you enjoy spending time with means creating wonderful memories and strengthening relationships which is always a bonus. A lot of important relationships get away from us because of the of the way schedules run our lives. Sharing time and space with the people you love and the ones that lift you higher will lead to unforgettable experiences and will always bring a smile to your face when you reminisce. So call up a family member or a dear friend who you have been meaning to see and plan your next getaway!


Step out of your comfort zone

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone" by Neale Donald Walsch is one of my favourite quotes and something that I strongly believe in.
Trying new things and experiences can be so rewarding and they help you shape your personality in a way you never imagined. Change is always scary, I know you want to keep doing the same activities which you love and they make you feel just so comfortable but be spontaneous and adventurous once in a while because comfortable is good, but alive is amazing! So next time, when you plan a holiday, pick a place which is completely different from your surroundings, something you haven't already tried and done. Do it!


Because it makes you happy 

Unless you are Dr Sheldon Cooper(TBBT reference) and you hate taking vacations, I am sure that looking forward to holidays makes you happy. It is an instant mood buster when you think about the exciting new ventures you will undertake when you are on a holiday. Instant dopamine release = Instant happiness.





So why not take a step for yourself, and give yourself a break when you need one? It will only do you good. I would love you hear about any interesting trip encounters so tell me in the comments, also when and where was your last holiday? Lets share people!

Luck and Love,
Niki





2 comments

  1. great post niki.....keep up the gud work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really appreciate you saying that :)

      Delete