Happiness comes easy

I will be honest, it does not take long to please me. A good bowl of pasta can actually turn my entire day around. No joke! ( Foodie confessions). This got me thinking, tiny things which seem insignificant, play an important role in how we feel. The trick is to find those things and make sure you indulge in them whenever you can to keep those stress levels down and happiness levels elevated.

I want to share some of those things which give me the happy "feels" and hopefully this will inspire you to find yours.

Good Television

I am sucker for comedies and some might even say I have a weird sense of humor but a good comedy TV show can lift my spirits up on any given day. I do like a good dose of drama but comedy is like 22 mins of happiness for me. These are some of the ones that I am really enjoying right now. Highly recommended all of them if you haven't seen them already 

Cooking & Eating Good Food( I'm sure you saw that one coming)

I instagram food photos more than anyone else. I do believe in eating healthy and nourishing your body but I also believe in treating yourself when you deserve it. Eating well prepared delicious food will definitely make me happy. Even after a busy long day at work, I find comfort in preparing my meals. I can imagine that not everyone loves cooking but the goal is to start small and it is always fun to eat what you have prepared yourself.



Good Music

The best thing about this is, you can combine the activity with anything you like- Exercise, cooking, taking a bath etc. When I am driving in the night on empty roads alone, I can crank up my favourite music and sing out loud. That is one of the most liberating feelings in the worlds. These are some of the favourites on my playlist at the moment.

Yoga( or any other form of exercise) 

Any kind of physical activity or exercise releases endorphins which gives you a natural feeling of happiness. No drugs required. It keeps you healthy and keeps your stress levels down. I personally love Yoga. Nothing has given me a complete feeling of being at peace like Yoga . I would still often mix up my workouts just to keep it interesting, but yoga seems to be something that I keep coming back to.

Feeling dull and moody- try doing a headstand. Don't freak out, use the wall for support or ask your friend or family to help you bring your legs up. Headstands are known to relieve stress and anxiety and is an instant mood elevator. In some cases, it can also relieve headaches as blood flow to the brain dramatically increases during a headstand.



I will probably do a more detailed Yoga post in the coming weeks where I will talk about my routine and postures and discuss some benefits.

Positive People 

I would think this to be the most important. Surround yourself with positive people who bring you higher.Life is too short to be anything but happy. Be brave enough to cut the negativity out of your life. You won't know how liberating it is until you actually do it. If you are having a particularly bad day, call or meet up a close friend over coffee or dinner. It may just turn your day around. 

I will leave you with this final thought

“Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it." - Wilfred Peterson
Hope this article inspires you to find joy in the little things.

Luck and Love,
Niki

No comments