Work hard play hard

Ok, so this is going to be a very informal post. Work has been keeping me so busy that I have not had time to spend quality time doing things that soothe me, like write on this blog. Although I have been lucky enough to travel to Malaysia in initial work days, and even though I am working very hard, I think it is very important to acknowledge the the diversity and appreciate the culture around you.

I want to share some of the amazing times I experienced in the last couple weeks and also realized that it is not always 'All work and no play'

Highlights of the trip

Culture and People

Our training was very well organised with a lot of networking events during the week after work hours so it gave us a chance to meet a lot of people and interact with people from various different backgrounds. On the second night, we had a cultural event where people dressed up in outfits representing their culture and nationality. It was so interesting to see all these different outfits and experience such diversity.The pictures captured it very well.




The City

Although we only had one weekend to truly explore the city, our hotel was perfectly located which made it super easy to get to places.The mono rail stop was very conveniently located and took us to the major spots in the city. The best part was to explore some of most stunning buildings, markets and caves. The size of the twin towers just left me spellbound, especially when it was all lit up at night. Another interesting place that I got to see was Batu Caves, which was only 25 minutes from the city. The place had some very fascinating caves to explore, the dark cave tour really gives you a good hard look at nature. 







Shopping and Spas! 

If you live in Australia, you know that shopping is cheaper in any other country. So, I obviously need to stock up on the goods! Not to anyone's surprise, I spent a considerable amount of time shopping in KL. Found some really nice things here along with souvenirs for friends. I got some much need sleep on Saturday and then spent a few hours shopping. Towards the end of my spree, I ended up getting a 90 minute massage and it felt like the long week just melted away. I also got to explore the whirling pool in the hotel which was also quite relaxing.




Food, oh so much food!

We had a wide selection of food everyday. We alternated between buffet, Italian and Chinese. I have consumed so much food in the last two weeks, it is not even funny. The dessert bar is what has done the most damage. Needless to say, my jeans feel a little bit tighter. But I regret nothing! 






Overall, I had the time of my life. But I do miss home and am looking forward to going back. In saying that, I will miss all the new friends that I made and all the wonderful experiences I had including learning Japanese.
Sorry for not being able to post last week as work and life happened, but I am going to get back to my posting schedule. And apologies for the obvious poor quality of photos, but iPhone is all I had so I had to make do.

I would love to hear about any interesting experiences you have had while travelling.

Love and Luck,
Niki

No comments