Simple sweet tooth fix

I have a confession. I have a very evil habit of absolutely having something sweet to eat after my meals. Sometimes, a little piece a chocolate can suffice. Other times, I devour a big bowl of dessert like a crazy person. But if you are anything like me, you know how satisfying it is to have some sweet goodness after a meal.

Today, I have a very quick and easy sweet tooth fix which completely cures that craving. And is a little bit on the healthier side. You only need 2 main  ingredients. You will also need a small plate wrapped with cling\gladwrap. I think aluminium foil should also work.


I am using almonds and walnuts here but you can use cashews, pistachios, raisins, peanuts- basically whatever you prefer. 



I may or may not have licked off leftover chocolate in the bowl. Sshh... 



It is not the most attractive looking plate, but trust me, it will taste delicious. 





So, why is this better than just eating the chocolate?

Nuts have protein and healthy fats in them which keeps your body full for longer. Also, dark chocolate is known to have loads of antioxidants and helps control your blood sugar when you have it in small portions. You can easily make 6-7 of these bites with one big piece of chocolate, but eating 1-2 of these will satisfy that sweet tooth. So this is a perfect tiny treat at the end of your meal, and is way better than having a full bowl of dessert.
Just be mindful, try to buy high quality dark chocolate rather than milk or flavoured chocolate as they have a lot of extra sugar. 

You can also mix some honey if the dark chocolate is too bitter for you but I personally love it. You can also flavour the chocolate with some natural peanut butter. Yum!

I hope you like this mini-recipe and do let me know if you try it. Your comments are always welcome.

Luck and Love,
Niki

2 comments

  1. I love you baby and I love your recipe even more ...I am gone try this soon :)
    Thanks so much for the help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it :) Yeah, let me know how it turns out

    ReplyDelete