My experience with Dr Oz 3 day detox.



I like to think I “usually” try and eat healthy. Even though I indulge sometimes, well, a lot of times, I believe a decent amount of indulgence can be good for you and can help you stay on track. It has been true for me at least.

I never thought I needed to do a Cleanse like this but what brought on the thought is kind of embarrassing. Since the last few weeks, I have gotten way too comfortable with the food I eat, to the point where I have become completely negligent and have started passing off everything I eat as “a little indulgence”. Long hours at work caused laziness with cooking, which has resulted in eating out more than once or twice a week. Even though I chose to ignore this change, my body unfortunately did not. 

As I was munching on my dark chocolate Tim Tams one afternoon, I felt a considerable amount of bloating. I also started to see tiny breakouts on my skin. This was quite alarming because my skin has behaved itself for a very long time, and its sudden reaction was very scary. I did some research and it turns out your constant bad diet can take a very quick toll on your skin. And the best way to “reboot” my internal system was to try a detox.Now I knew this was not going to be easy, mostly because I am always hungry. But it was only 3 days. I knew I had to do this for myself.

So, on Monday evening, I decided to go grocery shopping. The good about this cleanse is they give you full grocery list on what exactly you need to get so you don’t over or under purchase. I had my final delicious meal for Monday night dinner and went to bed as the next 72 hours were going to be crucial (Yes, I kept a count)

Day 1

I woke up bright and early on Day 1 and was quite excited to make my morning smoothie. I had my detox tea and breakfast drink and packed my lunch smoothie and left for work. Towards 10:30 A.M I felt quite nauseous and got really uncomfortable for a while. I did some research and turns out it is quite common to feel slight nausea as the toxins in the body are starting to react. You need to be patient because it does pass. Even though my lunch drink looked like blended grass, I was hungry so I could not wait to gulp that down. I felt quite satisfied after the drink but afternoon hunger pangs would not leave me alone. I felt like snacking towards 3 pm and I was not going to be back home till 6:30. It was really hard not to eat anything at that stage but I am glad I made  it. Drinking a large glass of water was quite helpful.
I had my dinner smoothie around 7:00 PM which was quite filling but towards bedtime, I was hungry again. It was a little hard to fall asleep with the hunger sensation but I am so glad I made it.

Day 2

The next morning I felt a whole lot better. I felt that my energy levels were quite high. I quickly made my breakfast and lunch drinks and was on my way to work. The nausea was no longer there and even my lunch smoothie was starting to taste better. I did not feel too many hunger pangs towards the afternoon as I was constantly drinking a lot of water. By evening, my energy was still surprisingly high so I decided to go to the gym. It was a strength training class so I struggled a little but at the end of it, I felt great. I happily went home, had my dinner smoothie, and went to bed. Only one more day to go, I am nailing this. 


Day 3

I felt so great on the third morning. My skin felt clearer, I felt lighter and the bloating was gone. I went through the day with much more ease compared to the previous two days. The day went by quite smoothly with no hunger pangs. I did a cardio class at the gym after work and my energy levels were so high that I did not struggle at all. I never thought I would be able to work out after not having eaten solid food for three days but your body can really surprise you. I felt amazing. I gulped down my final smoothie and went to bed. 


Final Verdict


Losing weight with this detox was not my goal because the weight you lose here will come back. My goal was to reset my body by treating it right for three days and clean up my eating, which I achieved. I am back to cooking regularly and I will only be indulging when I should and not for every meal. My skin is back to where I wanted and overall I feel great. 


I would not recommend this to anyone who wants to permanently lose weight because this is a detox and you will surely lose some weight but if you want long term results, you need to clean up your diet and start working out. This is not a magic 3 day weight loss system but it surely helps you understand the needs of your body and helps your internal system reboot.


WOW, that was a lot of reading for you guys.  I will have a more visually pleasing post with pictures up next week, I promise!

Feel free to comment/message me if you have any questions and I would be more than happy to answer those. There is also a lot of information on the website:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

If you do try this, I would love you hear your experiences. 

Luck and Love,
Niki 


No comments